Friday, February 27, 2015

(TV) "Death in Paradise" series 4 finale

Sadly, another year of the BBC series "Death in Paradise" has drawn to a close.  So stoked their WILL be a series five (!) - it just always seems so long a wait!  The finale was strong, even if it did sacrifice a bit on the mystery in favor of revealing more of Humphrey and his stormy relationship with his father.  Not many television series could survive such huge shakeups of changes in the lead actors as "DiP" has in the last couple of years - but the show continues to be stronger than ever, with brilliant writing and characters that you not only grow to care deeply about, but whom you also wish you had as friends.  And this year, with sweeping camera angels revealing more of the beauty of the fictional Saint Marie island, more than ever it seems an idyllic place (well, except for all the murders) you'd probably love calling home.  One of the few television shows that, if I were stranded on a desert island, I'd want with me.

1 comment:

  1. My sister loves this series and of course I've not seen it so looks like another one to add to my "must see this series" list!

    ReplyDelete